Skip to main content

My New Store-Fair Meadow Dolls and Soaps



Good Morning Doll Makers! I wanted to announce my new/old adventure.  Years ago, I began a blog on Weebly.com for my handcrafted lye soaps.  Yesterday, I reopened the store to include my hand sculpted art dolls.  Here is the link:  https://fairmeadowdolls.weebly.com/

I have decided to keep both this blog and the store separate for now.  This blog is for tutorials and just talking about doll making in general.  The store is for the actual merchandise I plan to sell online.

Why a store on Weebly?  And why don't I call it "She's a Doll of Clay"?  Two reasons: 1- Etsy has way too many doll makers, and I do not believe that my work is being shown.  I have decided to take the matter of sells into my own hands. 2- "She's a Doll of Clay" is not the brand I want my dolls to be under.

So what brand, you say?  "Fair Meadow Dolls and Soaps".  Fair Meadow is a play on my father's name, Farley, which means "far meadow".  I felt "Fair Meadow" is appropriate because I want to give a since of the outdoors and enchantment to my soaps and to my dolls.  My dolls live outdoors in glens and meadows. They swim in a bright sea. They frolic in the woods. They spin tales and magic under the stars.  This is why Fair Meadow Dolls is the name of my work.  I hope you like it. Below is a picture of one of the dolls I have for sale now.  She is in air dry clay, but I plan to mold her in silicone and cast her in resin.  She will be a commissioned piece at the moment.  



She is fully articulated. She has wonderful, raised scales.  If you look closely, you will see her bottom has cute scales like a bathing suit.  I think she's very sweet.  Keep tuned into the blog, because I will write a post about how I made her. 


Here's another link to the new store: https://fairmeadowdolls.weebly.com/

Please visit and give me some feedback.  I would love to hear what you think about the store's layout; the products; how I am doing well; and what I can improve upon.  I really look forward to hearing your thoughts.  I know making dolls is a passion that you share with me.  Thanks you for coming along on this journey.  I hope to hear about your journey too!
 











Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluing Mohair onto a Tiny Polymer Clay Doll’s Head

                       Today I am going to show you how I glue mohair onto a tiny doll's head.                      Firstly, I add a small amount of glue to the back of the doll's head.  I use tacky glue by Aleen.                                                 Next, I cut a tiny amount of locks from the mohair skin.  This is a piece of mohair I ordered several years ago.  It may actually be Tibetan wool, because it is attached to a piece of skin, but I truly am not sure.  I have locks from a friend's sheep that I will be dying in the future to post on this blog.  The new locks are shaved from the animal, which makes me feel better about obtaining sheep locks.  Of course, this is just a preference I have now.  When I bought this hair, I did not know that I had any other choices. Here I have placed the first row of hair across the lower back of her head.  The hair reaches from ear to ear.      I then placed another small amount of glue onto the area abo

How I Fixed My Broken Basaak Blythe Doll

Last week I received a Basaak Blythe clone in the mail.  I bought it from a man who was selling a couple of dolls that he had inherited from a friend who customized Blythe dolls.  He didn't give any more information except to say he priced it according to the other dolls for sale on that site, and that he did not know anything about dolls.  Well, she was $25, and I know about dolls.   I bought her immediately.  I was well aware that she would be broken when she arrived.  Her legs were not attached, and she was missing a green eye chip.  This didn't matter to me, because I knew I could fix her. After spending hours online learning about Blythe dolls and Blythe clones, I knew I could buy replacement parts.  The seller stated that he believed the missing eye chip was inside the head, because he could hear it rattling.  He didn't, however, explain the actual problem with the legs.  He only posted a picture.  I took a chance, and bought her anyway. I assume the man who cus

Flumo and Plaster Casting- the art of creating an Art Doll

For the last 8 or 9 years, I’ve been obsessed with creating art dolls. It started one day when my son, who was in 8th grade at the time, came home with his science project. It was a “zebra” with camouflaged stripes painted in orange and white. I had sculpted it for him, but he had painted it. This was the last of a long line of animals and one “Spartan” warrior that I’d helped him create for school. All of them out of air dry clay made for kids. Although I had spent most of my own time in school taking Art, I had never learned to actually sculpt. When my son was little, I’d make him cute little animals in play dough, and we’d let them dry. He loved them, so I guess he thought I was able to make anything he needed. It does seem that I had made something as a child out of paper machete using a balloon as a form, but I don’t remember if it worked or what it was. Once we did wrap string dipped in sugar water around a balloon. When it dried, we popped the balloon and cut out a hole, pla